This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in our journals, including the authors, the editors, the peer-reviewers and the publisher (Sharia Faculty). This statement is based on COPE's (Committee on Publication Ethics) policies.
MUAMALAH Journal of Law is committed to maintaining high ethical standards in scientific publishing in reviewers, authors, journal editors, and publishers.
Responsibilities of the Editor
1. MUAMALAH Editor The Journal of the Legal is responsible for deciding articles that are eligible to be published. The editor is escorted by the editorial board policy of the Academic Journal of Islamic Thought. The editors are also restricted by applicable law regarding defamation, copyright infringement, and plagiarism.
2. In the review process of MUAMALAH Journal of Law and decision making of article publication, the editing team hold fast to not distinguish the position, race, sex, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, and political ideology of the author.
3. Editor and editorial team hardly leak information about the submitted manuscript or articles other than to writers, reviewers, other advisers who are in the editorial board, or publishers.
4. Unpublished manuscripts submitted shall not be allowed for use by research editors without written permission from the author. Any information obtained from the reviewer will not be used for the editor's personal interest.
5. The editor must be fair and free of commercial bias considerations when making decisions according to the peer-reviewed process.
The Reviewer's Responsibility
Reviewers assist editors in making editorial decisions on submitted texts or articles
1. Reviewers should view every submitted script is a secret document, so it is not allowed to discuss with other parties unless the permission of the editor.
2. The reviewer shall be fully responsible for the recommendation of the review to be reviewed
3. Review of texts is done objectively, and supported by clear arguments.
4. Reviewer is also responsible for quotes, references, and plagiarism for articles reviewed.
5. Reviewer has a commitment and work hard to try to improve the quality of the process and product review results
6. Reviewers may have special time for review activities
7. Reviewer keeps the confidentiality of information about the review process and the information is not for personal gain.
1. The author must provide articles of thought or research clearly, systematically, structured, honest, and free from plagiarism or data manipulation.
2. The author is responsible for any confirmation caused by the article he wrote.
3. The author must follow the rules of the publication of scientific papers, namely the originality of works, free plagiarism, and has not been published in the journal or in other publications.
4. Authors shall submit references of opinions or works of others cited
5. Authors must write the script or article ethically, honestly and responsibly, in accordance with the rules of writing of applicable scientific papers.
6. Authors are prohibited from sending or publishing the same article to more than one journal or media publication. Filing the same script on more than one journal or publication media is unethical in the publication of scientific papers and is not justified.
7. The author is responsible for finding significant errors in his own published manuscript, it is the author's duty to immediately provide information to journal or publisher editors. The author then works with the editor to retract or correct the script.
1. MUAMALAH Journal of Law is a periodical publication published by the Faculty of Sharia IAIN Metro as a publisher of scientific journals responsible for publishing articles that have been through the stage of editing, peer review, and layout in accordance with the rules of publishing Scientific Journal applicable.
2. MUAMALAH Journal of the Law is responsible for ensuring academic freedom for editors and reviewers in performing their duties in accordance with their respective fields.
3. MUAMALAH Journal Law is responsible for maintaining privacy and protecting intellectual property, copyright, and editorial freedom.