Motivasi Belajar Bahasa Arab Mahasiswa Prodi BSA UIN Sunan Kalijaga

  • Azizah Arum Muslihatin UIN Sunan Kalijaga

Abstract

Abstract


 


Basically motivation in learning languages ​​is divided into two types, the first is integrative motivation and the second is instrumental motivation. This study aims to look at what underlies the motivation of students in choosing BSA majors to deepen the ability to speak Arabic for each individual who has different educational backgrounds. The method used in this research is an interactive qualitative method of case study type to find descriptive information about motivation in learning Arabic. Data collection techniques that will be used in this study are open questionnaires which are short essays and interviews. In this study, it was found that 68% of BSA UIN Sunan Kalijaga students had integrative motivation in learning Arabic and the remaining 32% had instrumental motivation.


 


Keywords: Arabic, Learning, Motivation


 


 


Abstrak


Pada dasarnya motivasi dalam mempelajari bahasa terbagi dalam dua jenis, yang pertama motivasi integratif dan yang kedua adalah motivasi instrumental. Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk melihat hal apa yang mendasari motivasi mahasiswa dalam memilih jurusan BSA untuk memperdalam kemampuan berbahasa arab masing-masing individu yang mana memiliki latar belakang pendidikan yang berbeda-beda. Metode yang digunakan pada penelitian ini adalah metode kualitatif interaktif jenis studi kasus untuk menemukan informasi deskriptif tentang motivasi dalam belajar bahasa Arab. Teknik pengumpulan data yang akan digunakan pada penelitian ini adalah kuesioner terbuka yang merupakan esai singkat dan juga wawancara. Pada penelitian ini, ditemukan sebanyak 68% mahasiswa BSA UIN Sunan Kalijaga memiliki motivasi integratif dalam mempelajari bahasa Arab dan sisanya sebanyak 32% memiliki motivasi instrumental.


Kata kunci : Bahasa Arab, Belajar, Motivasi


 


 


 

References

Abdul Chaer, (2009). Psikolinguistik : Kajian Teoretik. Jakarta : Rineka Cipta.

Gardner R. C, W Lambert. (1972). Attitude and Motivation on Second Language Learning. MA : Newburry House.

Marlina, Lenny. (2007). Motivation and Language Learning: A Case of EFL Students. Jurnal KOLITA. Unika Atma Jaya.

Moch. Ainin. Fenomena Demotivasi dalam Pembelajaran Bahasa Arab di Madrasah : Penyebab dan Alternatif Pemecahannya.

Muhbib A. Wahab dalam (2013) “ Tantangan dan Prospek Pendidikan Bahasa Arab di Indonesia”, dalam Toto Edidarmo, Strategi Meningkatkan Motivasi Belajar Bahasa Arab Berdasarkan “Hierarchy Of Needs” Maslow, Afaq ‘Arabiyyah. Vol VIII, No. 1.

Nasser Oroujlou dan Majid Vahedi, (2011). Motivation, attitude, and language learnin, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 29 International Conference on Education and Educational Psychology.

Oemar Hamalik, (2003). Proses Belajar Mengajar. Bandung : Bumi Aksara.
Robert C. Gardner. (2007). Motivation and Second Language Acquisition, Porta Linguarium 8.

Rochmat Budi Santosa, (2017). Motivasi Dalam Pembelajaran Bahasa Inggris: Studi Kasus Pada Mahasiswa Jurusan Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris IAIN Surakarta, Jurnal Ilmiah Didaktika, Vol. 18, No. 1.

Zoltan Dörnyei dan Ema Ushioda, (2011). Teaching and Researching Motivation Harlow: Pearson Education Limited.
Published
2021-03-04
How to Cite
MUSLIHATIN, Azizah Arum. Motivasi Belajar Bahasa Arab Mahasiswa Prodi BSA UIN Sunan Kalijaga. Al-Fathin: Jurnal Bahasa dan Sastra Arab, [S.l.], v. 3, n. 02, p. 237-244, mar. 2021. ISSN 2622-6820. Available at: <https://e-journal.metrouniv.ac.id/index.php/al-fathin/article/view/1944>. Date accessed: 19 apr. 2021. doi: https://doi.org/10.32332/al-fathin.v3i02.1944.
Section
Articles

Most read articles by the same author(s)

Obs.: This plugin requires at least one statistics/report plugin to be enabled. If your statistics plugins provide more than one metric then please also select a main metric on the admin's site settings page and/or on the journal manager's settings pages.